Sunday, May 20, 2018

International group exhibition in India - Chitro Pot: Fusion of Traditional and Contemporary Art 2018

During my recent visit to India, I was invited to represent the USA in an international group exhibition presented by Kolkata Society for Cultural Heritage.






The exhibition, held at the Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata during February 2018, included many artists from India and Bangladesh as well as artists from Serbia, Greece, Romania and Albania.




I was unable to stay in India for the exhibition, but left artwork with the organizers.



Upon seeing these photos of the exhibiting artists, I really wish I could have attended the reception. It would have been great to meet the artists from so many countries.




Click here to see a review of the exhibition appeared in The Statesman, 3rd-March-2018 a Kolkata newspaper, March 3, 2018.

Two other reviews appeared in Serbian newspapers: “Pancevo Serbia” city weekly News Paper Review 14th Feb, 2018, Chitro Pot : Fusion of Traditional & Contemporary Art

Serbian newspaper article about “Chitro Pot:Fusion of Traditional & Contemporary Art” (international group exhibition in Kolkata, India) Feb.7, 2018 Komsijskenovosti Hoboctn








Exhibition organizers Sourav Mukherjee (left) with Chinmoy Mukhopadhyay (center) and Indian Classical vocalist Sanjoy Banerjee (right) with two of my works in the exhibition. 



I will soon blog about my recent solo exhibition in Kolkata.

Check out my artwork available at my Etsy store and on my Facebook page as well my Instagram feed.



No comments:

Post a Comment