Monday, March 4, 2019

Featured Artist at the Milwaukee Art Museum After Dark Event

Today I visited the Milwaukee Art Museum to view the Bouguereau & America exhibition which is on view through May 12, 2019.  One of my favorite paintings was in the exhibit, one I had quoted. My version was shown in the same museum nearly two years ago when I was the featured artist at a Bollywood inspired MAM After Dark event. So, I thought I'd share some photos from that night.




The Broken Pitcher, 1891 by William-Adolphe Bouguereau


I referred to William-Adolphe Bouguereau's The Broken Pitcher in a piece focused on Lord Krishna's young foster mother, Yashoda.  In a popular story about Krishna's childhood, The Butter Theif, the naughty blue boy sneaks into people's homes to steal butter. The women from the village confront Krishna's mother complaining that Krishna has broken their butter pots. The charming boy cozies up to Yashoda, melting her heart. How can she scold him?

Yashoda
oil on canvas
48" x 48"


My other painting of baby Krishna was also shown.


 Gopi Gahani
oil on canvas
48" x 48"

It was great fun watching people examining and posing with my paintings during this event! A few captured moments follow.
















My next blogpost will document highlights from the Bouguereau & America exhibition.

Don't forget to check out my artwork available at my Etsy store, Facebook page, as well as my Instagram feed.



No comments:

Post a Comment